Search This Blog

Sunday 8 January 2012

Brunch Vietnamese Style


Au Petit Cafe 小小咖啡屋 on Urbanspoon 
According to my Vietnamese friends, Au Petit Cafe 小小咖啡屋 is one of the best Vietnamese restaurants in the city. 

As a result, you can never find a seat at this little cafe on Main Street.


But finding myself in the neighbourhood at 10:30 a.m., I thought it is a perfect opportunity to go in for an early brunch.

And I went for a full blown Vietnamese style brunch.


The Noodle Soup felt like a good brunch item. I chose the Lemongrass Chicken one. 

The broth was one of the freshest I have ever tasted, noodles excellent and despite the chicken in it, it did not feel heavy or fatty.
So much else looked delicious, but I was solo and it was 10:30, so I settled for a side order of the French bread they are famous for.

Freshly baked, fluffy and crusty; with a sweetness that is not common in baguettes.
But my imagination ran away with me. French bread became a croissant, Main St. turned to Paris, memories of eating condensed milk from a can as a kid haunted me. So I ordered a warm Vietnamese coffee to enjoy with the bread.

A perfect brew, strong, tasty, fresh. But... my last caffeine intake was over five years ago. 

Well, the taste and experience is definitely worth staying up for the week to come. It is going to be a busy week at work, so may as well skip some sleep.

I cannot wait to go back again for their Vietnamese subs.



 Au Petit Cafe 小小咖啡屋
4851 Main Street
Vancouver, BC


No comments: