Search This Blog

Tuesday 19 February 2013

Stilton, My New Love

I am over half a century old and I have not eaten much of the blue/mold cheeses; until I had a Stilton for a Christmas gift.

Two large pieces and they are almost consumed in less than two months.

Most of it has been used in this simple salad.

Romaine lettuce, lots of chunks of Stilton, a sprinkle of olive oil. Mix thoroughly so the Stilton crumbles well and mixes with the oil. I just love this salad.


I don't know where I have seen this on a menu (maybe in my dreams).

But the idea of Stilton on a steak just felt like a natural way of eating this cheese.





Next time, though, I will add less cheese and add it earlier to melt better. A delicious dinner with my new love.


Wonder how long will I be loyal to Stilton before eyeing some of the cousins.

No comments: