Search This Blog

Wednesday 17 April 2013

Another Recipe

For yesterday's recipe (see One Recipe), I just changed the name.

For tonight's recipe, I assembled it together based on secondary internet research data.

And what I made is my first ever Shepherd's Pie (yes, I love Shepherd's pie. But as 'ethnic food' from my cultural perspective, I was always intimidated to make it).

Here's my assembled recipe which, based on a taste test with a sample of true Canadian, was deemed to be excellent.

Cook 0.5 Kg ground beef and put aside. Cook one small chopped onion in a bit of oil. Add the ground beef, salt, pepper and a cup of frozen mixed vegetables.

Top with 0.5 cup of beef bouillon sauce, 1 Tbsp HP sauce and 1 Tbsp Chinese Dark Vinegar.

Let the layering begin.


Layer the meat mix first.


Layer mashed potato on top and push down with a fork throughout.


Bake in a 400 degrees oven for 30 minutes.


And a divine Shepherd's Pie is served.

 

No comments: